If you’re thinking about selling in the spring, don’t wait until the new year to start planning. In fact, you’ll save yourself a lot of work and get ahead of the game if you start planning now.
What’s that old saying? The early bird gets the worm! In this case, by starting the process this month, you’ll be in excellent shape when you’re ready to list in the spring.
Here are just a few examples of what you can do in December to get the
• Walk your property and note any maintenance issues that need attention.
• Decide which items to stow or sell to declutter your home.
• Determine what improvements you’ll need to make in order for your home
to look great to buyers (i.e. painting.)
• Find out approximately how much your property will likely sell for in the
• Clarify the kind of new home you’d like to move into, including ideal
• Look into your financing options, so you’ll know the price range you’ll be
• Connect with any professionals you may need, such as contractors, a
mover, and a real estate lawyer.
• Take advantage of any December shopping deals for products you may
need, such as home improvement project materials, packing supplies, etc.
As you can see, the more prepared you are this month, the more stress-free
and successful the home selling process will be for you in the spring.
And one more tip: contact me to get the conversation started about selling
your home in the new year. It’s coming fast!